When you've got a great starting point for an Invite Template there's no point building a new one from scratch. In this guide we'll show you how to duplicate one of your Templates so you're able to tweak and modify your Template for another use, whilst keeping your original the same.
See our other guides
How to Create a Template here
How to Create an Invite Using a Template here
How to Merge Requests from a Template into an Invite here
How to make a Template shared across your Team here
See in this guide
Duplicating a Template to use as a modified version
1. Login into the FileInvite App
2.Navigate to Settings > Templates
3. Select the template you would like to copy, click the ellipsis and then click the Copy button
4. Enter a Title for your new template then click copy
5. Click the ellipsis next to the new template, then click the Edit button to open the template
Inside the Template edit the Primary Fields as required
6. Optionally edit the name, subject and message to your client that will be added to the Invite when loaded
✨Note: If you'd like this template to be accessible to all users on your account, check 'Shared Template'.
7. Click Additional Settings for more template settings
Change the Cloud Storage Sync
Change the 'Almost Due Reminder'
Change the 'Overdue Reminder'
In the Requests section you can modify, duplicate and add Requests to the Template.
8. Click the Edit button - "Pencil Icon" to make changes to the existing Requests
9. Start entering a Request Title into the 'Quick Edit' Request at the bottom of the Requests to create additional file requests for the Template
10. Enter a clear description for the Request that explains what you require, and any specifics the client should be aware of
11. Click + Create Request to move onto the next Request or to reveal more options for the Request just created
12. Click the Edit Pencil ✎ to edit the Request so you can add attachments or to add signatures with our native signature integration
✨Tip: The type of Request allows you to use our integrations such as BankStatements and CreditSense, once these integrations are setup you can enable them by selecting Regular Request from the dropdown and adjusting as necessary
13. Drag & Drop a file into the File Uploader, or optionally click the File Uploader to add an attachment to the Request
14. Optionally Add on and Request signatures on an uploaded document by clicking the Signature Button.
❗ Note: You can only assign a single signature on the Template creation page, with Multiple Signatures being configurable when Creating the Invite
✨Note: See our guide on adding e-signatures to a Request here
15. Click Save Template to finish and save your new Template
✨Note: You can edit or delete a template at any time, by clicking the three dots on the right side the the template name.
🎉Use your powerful Templates to further automation of document collection 🎉
😓 Not how you're imagining things? Chat to us in our chat bubble! 😎